May 18, 2008

Kid...you really know how to kill a weekend.


We'd been looking forward to this weekend for a long time - not just because we had some plans but because the news forecast every day in the week leading up to it kept promising wonderful weather.

With the highest temperatures for the year to date it seems particularly ironic that Robbie would come down with a winter-time illness: croup.

It started off with a little wheezing on Friday evening but by Saturday evening we were in an "Instacare" doing breathing treatments. The albuterol and epinephrine didn't work as well as hoped on his breathing and his temperature kept climbing. When threw up the steroids and Tylenol (down my shirt) they sent us to Primary Children's hospital.

It was a long, long night of holding an exhausted toddler in one arm and a oxygen mask in the other. There was no way on earth he was going to let them strap it on his face and just as little chance he would let me touch it to his face. Instead I played a game where I held the mask about an eighth inch from his skin so he could inhale the vapors without waking up.

Toby was kind enough to run to the 13th south Wal-Mart at about midnight (and he survived without gunshot wounds - barely) to get me a clean shirt....but it was still nice to come home tonight, get out of my cherry Tylenol vomit clothes and shower.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh My GOODNESS! I can't believe that he was so sick! I am really sorry to hear that! I hope that he is feeling better now! Let me know if you need anything!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry, is he doing ok now?

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about little Robbie. :( I hate it when my kiddos are sick...and ending up in the hospital is awful.