Feb 18, 2009

The Great Basement Project

I feel like taking out an ad: The Basement is Done!
For two people with an unfinished basement we sure used ours a lot. Having it in progress for the last few months has been difficult. The anticipation as we got close to done has been excruciating.

We had an absolutely awesome person working on it, however. Anyone that needs any kind of remodeling work done, I have your guy.

So without further ado, here it is.


Robbie was really digging the new carpet and open spaces. We played "chase me" for a long time. Finally I was exhausted and ready to snap some shots but he was still going.


The family room (or as I like to call it; the studio waiting room)


The studio.


The studio's changing room / storage area. How do you like my handiwork on that floor? I laid rows 5 and 6.

So what does one do with a new studio? Practice on the family of course!

Of course - Robbie would NOT stand still or have anything to do with it.


Here he is making Godzilla sounds.



Crawling - way out of the light range.



Running away.


And finally - grudging cooperation.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Ohh! It look great! I can't wait to see it in person!

Unknown said...

I'm with Shannon, I can't wait to see it in person.

Sharon Fels said...

Wow, what a great space! I do miss that about houses here.....The project looks like it was executed well, and your photos are, as usual, great!

Amber said...

LOVE the new studio room-and the flat screen TV in the "waiting room" famiyl room! Good job on the tile work! Wahoo!
Still hoping that one day you will help me paint and decorate my house :)

Unknown said...

Holly, this is BOMB! I love it. I have been down there SO many times, and yet I am struggling to imagine it all. Looks so wonderful. I bet you are thrilled. Need to come over and play now.